Beef and Vegetable Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- celery stalks
- cabbage head
- 3 Tbsp
- 1.5 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Beef and Vegetable Soup
- 1Melt butter in a large heavy pot with lid.
- 2Trim meat of all fat and cut into 1-inch cubes; brown beef on all sides.
- 3Add vegetables (except cabbage) which have all been sliced into pieces of approximately the same size.
- 4Add 5 cups water; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, adding more water if needed.
- 5Slice cabbage and add to pot along with salt and pepper.
- 6Simmer for 20-25 minutes longer.