Baked Beef and Vegetable Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 lb
- beef short ribs
- onion, studded with 2 whole cloves
- garlic cloves, crushed
- black peppercorns, whole
- 4 c
- beef broth
- 3 small
- leeks sliced julienne style
- carrots, 1/4 x 2" julienne
- celery ribs, 1/4 x 2" julienne
- white mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 2 c
- pasta, cooked just until tender
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Baked Beef and Vegetable Soup
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place beef, onion, garlic, peppercorns and broth in an oven-proof casserole.
- 2Add water to cover by 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover and bake in the oven about 2 hours, until beef is very tender.
- 4Remove meat and cool.
- 5Shred from bones, discarding any fat and the bones.
- 7Pour broth through a fine mesh strainer into a gravy separator or bowl.
- 8Allow to cool.
- 9Pour or skim off fat and return defatted broth to the casserole.
- 10Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3 minutes.
- 11Add shredded beef to broth with mushrooms, pasta, salt and pepper.
- 12Bake, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 13Remove from oven and stir in dill and parsley.
- 14Serve immediately in deep soup bowls.