Baked Beef and Vegetable Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbbeef short ribs
1onion, studded with 2 whole cloves
3garlic cloves, crushed
4black peppercorns, whole
4 cbeef broth
3 smallleeks sliced julienne style
3carrots, 1/4 x 2" julienne
3celery ribs, 1/4 x 2" julienne
8white mushroom caps, thinly sliced
2 cpasta, cooked just until tender
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
2 Tbspdill, chopped
How to Make Baked Beef and Vegetable Soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place beef, onion, garlic, peppercorns and broth in an oven-proof casserole.
- Add water to cover by 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake in the oven about 2 hours, until beef is very tender.
- Remove meat and cool.
- Shred from bones, discarding any fat and the bones.
- Pour broth through a fine mesh strainer into a gravy separator or bowl.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour or skim off fat and return defatted broth to the casserole.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3 minutes.
- Add shredded beef to broth with mushrooms, pasta, salt and pepper.
- Bake, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in dill and parsley.
- Serve immediately in deep soup bowls.