2 lbground beef
1 largeonion, chopped
2 can(s)del monte mexican style stewed tomatoes
3 can(s)del monte traditional stewed tomatoes
2 can(s)pinto beans
1 can(s)yellow or white hominy, your choice
1 can(s)small, green chiles chopped
1 pkg(envelope) taco seasoning (hot or mild, your choice)
1 pkg(envelope) original ranch dressing mix
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Taco Soup
- Saute ground beef with onion until browned through.
- Empty tomatoes in to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add green chiles, cooked ground beef and return to a boil.
- Drain and add the hominy; add the pinto beans undrained.
- Mix taco seasoning and ranch dressing envelopes with a small amount of water to form a paste and then stir paste into the soup (this will prevent lumps from forming in the soup).
- Add water if needed; this will be a hearty soup.Allow to simmer for 30 minutes on low heat. I serve it with tortilla chips, can also serve with shredded cheese. Freezes well.