Venus de Milo Soup
Everyone always asks for the recipe after eating it.
I have tried many alterations such as canned veggies, whole tomatoes, could even use ground turkey instead of beef if prefered. All are delicious!
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 16 oz can(s)
- tomatoes, crushed
- 1 lg can(s)
- college inn chicken or beef broth
- 1 pkg
- lipton onion soup mix
- 1 pkg
- frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 lb
- orzo pasta, cooked (i use uncooked)
- 1 qt
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil (i prefer olive, but can use other)
How to Make Venus de Milo Soup
- 1Brown ground beef in 1 tbls oil.
- 2In a large stock pot combine tomatoes, beef, broth, onion soup mix, water & mixed vegetables.
- 3Simmer for 1/2 hour
- 4Add cooked or uncooked Orzo.
- 5Let simmer for additional 15 minutes or until orzo al dente.
- 6Serve hot and enjoy. Very filling and great for lunch on a cold winter day.