Venus de Milo Soup
Everyone always asks for the recipe after eating it.
I have tried many alterations such as canned veggies, whole tomatoes, could even use ground turkey instead of beef if prefered. All are delicious!
1 lbground beef
16 oz can(s)tomatoes, crushed
1 lg can(s)college inn chicken or beef broth
1 pkglipton onion soup mix
1 pkgfrozen mixed vegetables
1/2 lborzo pasta, cooked (i use uncooked)
1 Tbspcooking oil (i prefer olive, but can use other)
How to Make Venus de Milo Soup
- Brown ground beef in 1 tbls oil.
- In a large stock pot combine tomatoes, beef, broth, onion soup mix, water & mixed vegetables.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour
- Add cooked or uncooked Orzo.
- Let simmer for additional 15 minutes or until orzo al dente.
- Serve hot and enjoy. Very filling and great for lunch on a cold winter day.