Spicy Black Bean Soup
Great with a little sour cream on top!
- 11 oz
- corn kernels, frozen
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes and chiles
- 14 1/2 oz
- vegetable broth
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 45 oz
- black beans, canned and undrained
- 4 clove
- 1 medium
- cooking spray
How to Make Spicy Black Bean Soup
- 1Coat bottom of a large stockpot with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- 2Place one can of beans in blender; add sautéed onion mixture, red pepper flakes and cumin. Cover and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour mixture back into stockpot.
- 3Place second can of beans and broth in blender and puree until smooth; add to stockpot.
- 4Stir third can of beans (do not puree first), tomatoes and green chilies, and corn into stockpot. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of soup per serving.