★★★★☆ 1 vote4
1/2bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
2cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbspolive oil
1 can(s)15 oz. black beans, drained & rinsed
1russet potato, skin on, chopped
1large zucchini, chopped
3 cchicken broth (more or less)
2 tspchii in adobo sauce
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Smoky Black Bean Soup
- Heat olive oil in pan, add onion, garlic and bell pepper and dash salt. Cook 5 minutes
- Add zucchini and potato and saute 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, half the can of beans, chili in adobo sauce and dash of black pepper.
- Cook covered, until potatoes are done, about 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes are completely tender, puree in batches in blender and pour in soup pan, adding more stock if needed.
- Add remaining beans and heat through.
- Optional: Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.