★★★★☆ 1 vote4
- onion, chopped
- bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 can(s)
- 15 oz. black beans, drained & rinsed
- russet potato, skin on, chopped
- large zucchini, chopped
- 3 c
- chicken broth (more or less)
- 2 tsp
- chii in adobo sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Smoky Black Bean Soup
- 1Heat olive oil in pan, add onion, garlic and bell pepper and dash salt. Cook 5 minutes
- 2Add zucchini and potato and saute 10 minutes.
- 3Add chicken stock, half the can of beans, chili in adobo sauce and dash of black pepper.
- 4Cook covered, until potatoes are done, about 15 minutes.
- 5When the potatoes are completely tender, puree in batches in blender and pour in soup pan, adding more stock if needed.
- 6Add remaining beans and heat through.
- 7Optional: Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.