Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
2 can(s)black beans
1 can(s)refried black beans
1carton chicken broth
1 can(s)ro-tel tomatoes
·juice of 1 lime
How to Make Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- In your slow cooker, pour in both cans of black beans (do not drain first), Ro-Tel tomatoes (do not drain), chicken broth and cumin.
- Stir in the contents of the refried black beans. *If you cannot find refried black beans in your area, simply substitute this with a can of regular black beans which you have mashed. It gives the soup a creamier texture.
- Slow cook the soup on low for 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before you serve the soup, add the 1/4c sherry & lime juice. You may also wish to salt & pepper to taste at this point.
- Serve: I love this soup is a dollup of sour cream, some fresh cilantro & some tortilla chips.