'Red' Lentil Soup
2 cred lentils
1 Tbspbeef boullion powder or enough boullion cubes for 3 cups broth
1/4 craw rice
1onion choppped or 1 tbsp dry minced
1/4 colive oil
1 1/2 tspcumin
·salt & pepper to taste
·1 lemon quartered or sliced
How to Make 'Red' Lentil Soup
- Rinse lentils and rice until water runs clear.
- Place lentils, rice, & onions in large pot with water & boullion.
- Simmer, covered for about 40 minutes, until lentils & rice are both tender.
- Combine the oil, flour & cumin.
- Add 1/2 cup soup to oil mixture. Combine well & add to pot.
- Stir it up and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve this in bowls with lemon wedges and crackers if you would like.