Quick Black Eyed Pea Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1onion, coarsely chopped
1garlic clove, finely chopped
2 cblack-eyed peas, picked over, rinsed
6 cchicken, beef, or vegetable stock
1ham hock, smoked, optional
3carrots, peeled and chunked
10 ozbaby okra, fresh or frozen, trimmed, thawed
1hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste
·salt to taste
How to Make Quick Black Eyed Pea Soup
- Heat the butter in the cooker; saute the onion and garlic until the onion is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the black-eyed peas, stock, ham hock (if desired), and carrots.
- Lock the lid in place and over high heat bring to high pressure.
- Adjust heat to maintain high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop naturally or use a quick release method.
- Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow any excess steam to escape.
- Remove and discard the ham hock, if used.
- Stir in the okra, hot sauce, and salt to taste.
- Simmer until the okra is cooked, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.