Quick Black Eyed Pea Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1-2 Tbsp
- onion, coarsely chopped
- garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 c
- black-eyed peas, picked over, rinsed
- 6 c
- chicken, beef, or vegetable stock
- ham hock, smoked, optional
- carrots, peeled and chunked
- 10 oz
- baby okra, fresh or frozen, trimmed, thawed
- hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
How to Make Quick Black Eyed Pea Soup
- 1Heat the butter in the cooker; saute the onion and garlic until the onion is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 2Add the black-eyed peas, stock, ham hock (if desired), and carrots.
- 3Lock the lid in place and over high heat bring to high pressure.
- 4Adjust heat to maintain high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Let the pressure drop naturally or use a quick release method.
- 6Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow any excess steam to escape.
- 7Remove and discard the ham hock, if used.
- 8Stir in the okra, hot sauce, and salt to taste.
- 9Simmer until the okra is cooked, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- 10Adjust seasonings and serve.