Prize Winning Ham and Lentil Soup
Lisa G. Sweet Pantry Gal
1meaty ham bone
1 1/4 cdried lentils, rinsed, sorted
1 can(s)italian seasoned tomatoes, 28 ounces, with liquid, cut up
2celery ribs, sliced
1/4 cchopped green onion
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspdried oregano
12 ozbulk pork sausage, cooked, drained
2 Tbspchopped parsley
How to Make Prize Winning Ham and Lentil Soup
- In a dutch oven, bring ham bone and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove ham bone.
- To broth, add lentils, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, remove ham from bone; coarsely chop.
- Add ham, sausage and parsley to soup; heat through.