Nine Bean Soup
After having a pig butchered I had pork hocks in the freezer. That left me wondering what to make with pork hocks. Jim loves bean soup, but I had never made it.
So here goes I am trying this recipe!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgnine bean soup mix
1turkey leg or ham bone or 1 1/2 pounds chuck roast
28 oztomatoes, chopped
1 largeonion, chopped
1 tspchili powder
2 tspdried herbs
2 tsplemon juice
1/4 csmall pasta
How to Make Nine Bean Soup
- Soak the beans overnight in water and salt.
- Next day, pour off the water and add two quarts fresh water and the meat, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for two hours.
- Add the tomatoes and onion, chili powder or herbs and the remaining ingredients.
- Cook 1 hour more.
- If the soup gets too thick, add broth or water.
- Remove the meat, chop it in bite size pieces, and return to soup.
- This freezes well.