My Canadian Pea Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbdried split peas
3 ccold water
2 lbsmoke ham shank or bones
3 qtboiling water
1celery stalk, chopped
How to Make My Canadian Pea Soup
- Wash and sort peas; soak in cold water overnight.
- Drain and place in a large pot; add water, ham bone, onion, celery, carrots and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until peas are very tender, about 2 hours, adding more water if needed.
- Remove ham; chop and return to soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.