Low Fat Tomato Cannellini Bean Soup
You can also add cooked ground beef or cooked chicken. This is a great way to use up a small amount of left-over meat or vegetables.
- 1 can(s)
- (28 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- (14 ounces) cannellini beans or white beans, drained
- 1 small
- red onion, chopped
- carrot chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2-1 c
- left-over cooked ground beef or chicken
- 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes
- 1 clove
- minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 c
- corn, chopped celery, or other vegetables
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS. USE ANY OR ALL IF YOU LIKE:
How to Make Low Fat Tomato Cannellini Bean Soup
- 1Recipe can be doubled if desired.
Mix tomatoes, beans, onion, carrot, basil, salt, and pepper in saucepan. Add any of the optional ingredients you wish.
Cover and cook over medium heat until onions and carrots are cooked to your liking. I prefer them crisp (takes about 20 minutes) but you may like them cooked longer.
- 2Remove cover and cook 5-6 minutes more to thicken up the liquid a bit. Serve hot garnished with fresh parsley.