- 1 lb
- fresh or 20 oz. frozen lima beans
- fresh ham pieces, optional
- 1 1/2 c
- water, or so
- 3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- salt & pepper, to taste
- good shake of onion flakes
- 2 c
- bisquick mix
- 2/3 c
How to Make Lima Beans & Dumplings
- 1Cook lima beans with salt & pepper and ham pieces in water until done. Stir often. When finished, leave (or add) about 1 inch of water covering the beans.
- 2Add butter and milk. Continue cooking about 5 more minutes, until everything is boiling again. Stir well.
- 3While you're waiting, mix the Bisquick & milk together to make the dumplings. Drop spoonfuls of dumpling batter onto the boiling beans.
- 4Cook for 10 minutes UNCOVERED, then 10 minutes COVERED.
- 5Serve hot with cornbread or bread & butter.