- 1 pkg
- neckbones or country ribs
- hot or sweet italian sausages
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 qt
- chicken broth
- chicken boullion cubes
- 4 can(s)
- cannellini beans, mash one undrained
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 2 bunch
- escarole, washed and chopped
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- wondra to thicken soup
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Escarole and beans soup
- 1In a large soup pot, heat oil and add neckbones.
In a large fry pan, add sausage cut into bite size
pieces. Fry both until nice and brown. When sausage is brown add to the neckbones. Add chopped onion to the pot and cook for 1 minute, stirring well.
- 2Add chicken broth, boullion cubes and garlic to the pot and bring to a boil. Add a little pepper.
Turn down to a simmer for 1 hour. While soup is simmering clean the escarole and chop. Set aside.
Mash one can of beans in a chopper or blender. Set aside.
- 3When soup has simmered for 1 hour add the escarole and beans, stir well. Thicken with a little Wondra.
Add parmesan cheese, stir. Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer another hour.
- 4You can now remove the neckbones to a bowl or if using country ribs, remove meat and leave in the pot.
Serve with Italian bread and parmesan cheese.