Chipotle Chicken Hominy & Black Beans
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into chunks
- 1 29 oz
- can white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz
- can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c
- chopped cilantro
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- adobo powder, to suit your taste
- ground black pepper, to suit your taste
- garlic powder or minced jarred garlic, to suit your taste
How to Make Chipotle Chicken Hominy & Black Beans
- 1In a large saucepan, or a dutch oven, [I am using my small caldera] place the chunks of cut up chicken, season with the adobo powder, and grind black peppercorns to suit your taste, add the chopped onion and cook until the chicken is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- 2While chicken is cooking, put your hominy & black beans in a colander, rinse well with cold water and let drain. Dice the chipotle peppers [I used 4], and chop the cilantro.
- 3When chicken is white all the way through each piece, add the rinsed & drained hominy and black beans, the minced chipotle peppers, and chopped cilantro and your choice of garlic. Add water to the pan until you can just start to see it's about half covering the mixture in the pan. Stir well, cover and heat the mixture up until all is hot, then let simmer until ready to serve. Adjust seasoning as needed. If simmering awhile, make sure to add a little more water to prevent losing all your broth.