Chilled Pea Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbpeas, fresh and unshelled
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 smallonion, chopped
1potato, unpeeled and sliced
1 Tbspbasil, fresh chopped
2.5 cchicken broth
3 slicebacon, cooked and crumbled
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make Chilled Pea Soup
- Shell peas and steam or parboil until tender; douse immediately in cold water to prevent overcooking, set aside to drain.
- (If frozen petite peas are substituted, cook two 10 ounce packages)
- Refrigerate all but one cup.
- Trim base of water cress stems and discard; rinse bunch and pat dry.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and saute onion until transparent; add potato slices, watercress, and basil.
- Pour in broth, and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are tender about 10 minutes.
- Add peas; remove from heat.
- In a food processor, puree this mixture in batches until smooth.
- Return puree to saucepan and reheat slightly and season with salt and pepper to taste; chill thoroughly.
- To serve, add cream, thinning soup to desired consistency; stir in reserved peas.
- Pour soup into serving bowls and crumble bacon over each.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and top with a basil leaf.