How to Make Chalupa
- 1Put all ingredients in a dutch oven, an electric crockery cooker, or a heavy kettle.
- 2Cover and simmer about 5 hours, or until the roast falls apart and the beans are done.
- 3Uncover and cook about 1/2 hour, until the desired thickness is achieved.
- 4NOTES: A Mexican meat and bean dish, similar to chili. While not a true chili, chalupa is a Mexican-American favorite for a hearty lunch or supper. It may be made ahead and reheated, and it freezes well.
- 5This recipe may be served with corn chips and condiments including chopped tomato, chopped avocado, chopped onion, shredded lettuce, grated cheddar cheese and hot sauce.