Butter Bean, Leek and Bacon Soup
I hope you like it as much as we did.
- 8 oz
- dried butter beans
- 4 oz
- good quality smoky bacon
- 2 Tbsp
- good cooking oil - olive or canola
- dried bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- leek cleaned, trimmed and finely chopped
- celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, whole peeled
- 1 1/2 pt
- water (equals 1 litre)
- 5 oz
- whole milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to your taste
- sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on finished soup.
Pour in the milk and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Serve immediately and sprinkle top with freshly chopped parsley.