Big Batch Bean Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 lbs
- dry white beans
- gallon ham or chicken stock
- several meaty ham bones if possible
- 4 1/2
- cups chopped onion, about 2 lbs.
- 2 3/4
- cup grated carrots, about 1 lb.
- cups flour
- cups cold water
- salt, seasoning to taste, your choice
- 2 tsp
- pepper, or to taste
How to Make Big Batch Bean Soup
- 1Wash beans, place in large kettle with stock and ham bones, bring to boil, Reduce heat: Cover, and simmer for 2-3 hours or till beans are tender.
- 2Stir in onion, carrots and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Combine cold water and flour till smooth and gradually stir into soup. Cook for 10 minutes, If too thick, add additional stock or water till desired consistency is reached.
- 3Serve when ready with Mexican Cornbread, or plain cornbread.