Beef Chili & Pasta Soup
1 mediumred onion, chopped
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 tspgarlic, minced
1/2 lb85% lean ground beef
1 can(s)14 oz. organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
3 Tbsporganic tomato paste
1 can(s)beef broth, low salt
2dried chipotle chilis
1 cmedium shell pasta
1 Tbspred pepper relish
How to Make Beef Chili & Pasta Soup
- In a large pot heat olive oil and add chopped onions. Stir and cook a few minutes on medium until translucent and soft.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook onions and garlic about one minute. Remove to a small bowl.
- In the same pot cook the ground beef, stirring until browned.
- Add onions and garlic back to pot with the beef.
- Drain and rinse the Pinto beans, and add to the pot with the onions, garlic and beef.
- Add one can of beef broth.
- Add 2 Chipotle chilis, stir and bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer about five minutes.
- Add three cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add one cup medium shell pasta, and boil about ten minutes.
- Stir in one tablespoon of the red pepper relish, and season with salt to taste.
- If the liquid has boiled away and there isn't much, add more water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer gently uncovered until ready to serve.
- It's great with sour cream, or sour cream mixed with cilantro; and served with corn chips for a great lunch on a cool and rainy day.