- 6 oz
- acini di pepe macaroni
- 1 - 15 oz
- can kidney beans, drained
- strips bacon, chopped, 3 t. bacon bits
- stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, crushed, or 1 t. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp
- basil, fresh or dried
- 1 - 28 oz
- canned tomatoes, chopped
- 5 c
- chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Bean Soup
- 1Place kidney beans, bacon, celery, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, tomatoes and water in a medium - large pot.
- 2Bring to a boil and add bouillon cube and salt and pepper.
- 3Cover and cook over a slow heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
- 4After cooking for 1 1/2 hours, add Acini di Pepe, stirring well.
- 5Stir frequently until pasta is cooked but still a little firm (about 10 minutes). Serve immediately.