6 ozacini di pepe macaroni
1 - 15 ozcan kidney beans, drained
4strips bacon, chopped, 3 t. bacon bits
1stalk celery, chopped
1 clovegarlic, crushed, or 1 t. minced garlic
1 Tbspchopped parsley, fresh or dried
1 tspbasil, fresh or dried
1 - 28 ozcanned tomatoes, chopped
1chicken bouillon cube
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Bean Soup
- Place kidney beans, bacon, celery, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, tomatoes and water in a medium - large pot.
- Bring to a boil and add bouillon cube and salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over a slow heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
- After cooking for 1 1/2 hours, add Acini di Pepe, stirring well.
- Stir frequently until pasta is cooked but still a little firm (about 10 minutes). Serve immediately.