Batchelor's Beans Crockpot Stew
The beans kind of melt away into a sauce, thickening the milk, water and rice, but the real star of this dish is the sausage.... the long cooking of it makes it unlike any sausage you've had. It literally melts in your mouth.
My Irish hubby loves his Batchelor's Baked Beans... I would have never cooked with them unless he introduced me to them in the first place!
- links smoked sausage (i used hillshire)
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- yellow onion
- 3 c
- 1 c
- 1 pkg
- dry onion soup mix
- 1 can(s)
- batchelor's baked beans
- 3/4 - 1 c
How to Make Batchelor's Beans Crockpot Stew
- 1Slice onion and peppers into strips.
- 2Slice sausage into medium-sized chunks.
- 3Add sausage, onion, peppers, soup mix and 1 1/2 cups water into crockpot. Mix and leave on for 3 hours.
- 4After 3 hours, add rice and rest of water, and add milk. Stir and leave on another 3 hours (stirring occasionaly).