All Day Hambone With Navy's & Spuds
- 4 c
- ham soup base broth or chicken stock
- 1 large
- hambone with plenty of ham left on still
- 2 c
- ham pieces, cut up
- 4 can(s)
- already cooked navy beans
- 3 can(s)
- cream of potato soup
- salt & pepper, to taste
How to Make All Day Hambone With Navy's & Spuds
- 1In a large stock pot pour in your soup stock or broth. Place your ham bone down in the stock. Cook over medium-low heat with lid tilted until the ham easily comes off the bone. (I usually cook it 4 or 5 hours)
- 2Remove all the ham from the bone and add to pot, along with other cut up ham, beans, and potato soups, season with salt & pepper. Now turn your heat to low, put lid on tight and let it simmer until heated thoroughly, stir occasionally.
- 3Turn off heat and let rest until your ready to eat. This is so good reheated as well. I usually serve with cornbread and a salad. Comfort Food!