16 Bean Soup N the Crockpot by Freda
Place it in the crock pot and forget it.
You can serve over Rice for a hearty meal.
This also freezes well.
Soon as I find time to get a pot going will share a photo.
- 1 pkg
- 16 bean soup ( in the grocer isle with the beans)
- bay leaves
- 1 Tbs
- crushed oregano
- 2 cans
- chicken stock
- additional water to cover beans
- 1 C
- chopped celery
- carrots, chopped
- 1 lg
- onion chopped
- 3 cloves
- garlic sliced
- 1 lb
- ham hocks or chopped ham
- 2 cans
- stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- option: salt and pepper (season to taste)
How to Make 16 Bean Soup N the Crockpot by Freda
- 1combine 1st 5 ingredients.
Liquid should cover Beans by about 1"-2" in your crock pot
- 2Cook in crock pot on "HIGH" for 2 hrs.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, "reduce heat to Low", cook for additional 3 hrs or more.
(5 hrs total cooking time)Beans should all be tender.
For more ZING, add Ceyenne or crushed red pepper, when adding 2nd set of your ingredients.
- 5Meal Suggestion:
(1) For a complete meal, Serve over cooked rice.
(2) Serve Soup with Hot Buttered French bread