16 Bean Soup N the Crockpot by Freda
Place it in the crock pot and forget it.
You can serve over Rice for a hearty meal.
This also freezes well.
Soon as I find time to get a pot going will share a photo.
1 pkg16 bean soup ( in the grocer isle with the beans)
1 Tbscrushed oregano
2 canschicken stock
·additional water to cover beans
1 Cchopped celery
1 lgonion chopped
3 clovesgarlic sliced
1 lbham hocks or chopped ham
2 cansstewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
·option: salt and pepper (season to taste)
How to Make 16 Bean Soup N the Crockpot by Freda
- combine 1st 5 ingredients.
Liquid should cover Beans by about 1"-2" in your crock pot
- Cook in crock pot on "HIGH" for 2 hrs.
- Add remaining ingredients, "reduce heat to Low", cook for additional 3 hrs or more.
(5 hrs total cooking time)Beans should all be tender.
For more ZING, add Ceyenne or crushed red pepper, when adding 2nd set of your ingredients.
- Meal Suggestion:
(1) For a complete meal, Serve over cooked rice.
(2) Serve Soup with Hot Buttered French bread