☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn, or 2 quarts of plain popcorn
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup lightly salted peanuts, optional (or a different kind a nut if you prefer)
How to Make Caramel Popcorn
- 1Prepare popcorn. Remove any unpopped kernels.
- 2Add pop corn to a large (about a 3-4 quart size) microwave safe bowl. Add peanuts to the popcorn at this time if you want them.
- 3In a 2 quart measuring cup, or a microwave safe bowl, heat the butter until melted.
- 4Stir in sugar and corn syrup and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
- 5Remove from microwave and stir in the vanilla and baking soda until blended. Drizzle over popcorn, stirring to mixing well. Microwave the bowl of popcorn for about 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute or so to coat the popcorn evenly.
- 6Pour the caramel corn into a oblong cake pan or a jelly roll pan that has been lined with non-stick foil. Or you can use waxed paper that has been coated with butter or a spray coating. Cool the popcorn completely and then break apart the caramel corn. Store in an container.