1 can(s)tuna (waterpack, 5 to 6 oz.)
·chicken broth or fat-free milk (optional)
2 Tbspcanola oil
1-2 Tbspdried catnip, crushed
1 call purpose flour
1/2 cwhole wheat flour
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
How to Make Savory Kitty Cookies (for your cat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with foil; set aside.
- Drain tuna, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid (if necessary, add some of the broth or milk to measure 1/4 cup.)
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, the 1/4 cup reserved liquid, oil, and catnip.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour and whole wheet flour. Stir in tuna mixture and cheese. If necessary, stir in up to 2 tablespoons water just until moistened. Form mixture into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-inch square. Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut into 1/2-inch squares (bite-size for cats.) Place squares in a single layer on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake on separate oven racks for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown, rearranging cookie sheets halfwa through baking. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks.
- Storage: Place cat treats in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.