Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
13 1/2 ozbox (about 7-8 cups) cinnamon chex
12 ozorange candy melts or pure white chocolate
3 tspground cinnamon, divided
1 1/2 tsppumpkin pie spice
1 cconfectioners' sugar
2 cmallowcreme pumpkins candy*
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In 20 second increments, melt the candy melts or white chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir after each increment until melted and completely smooth.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and the pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Pour mixture over cereal and toss gently to coat each square. Be gentle, the squares break easily.
- Pour the confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon into a large zipped-top bag.
- Add the coated cereal and shake until each piece is coated.
- Pour back into a large bowl and discard excess confectioners' sugar.
- Toss in the mallowcreme pumpkins. Use 1 - 2 cups, whatever amount you prefer.
- Cover and store puppy chow for up to 2 weeks.
- *Instead of mallowcreme pumpkins, try adding 1 cup of Pumpkin Spice M&Ms or Candy Corn M&Ms, 1 cup of Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses, 1 cup of cinnamon chips, 1/2 cup of orange sprinkles, or even 1 cup of salty pumpkin seeds (which will cut the sweetness of the snack mix).