Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
- 13 1/2 oz
- box (about 7-8 cups) cinnamon chex
- 12 oz
- orange candy melts or pure white chocolate
- 3 tsp
- ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 2 c
- mallowcreme pumpkins candy*
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
- 1Pour the cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- 2In 20 second increments, melt the candy melts or white chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- 3Stir after each increment until melted and completely smooth.
- 4Stir in 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and the pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- 5Pour mixture over cereal and toss gently to coat each square. Be gentle, the squares break easily.
- 6Pour the confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon into a large zipped-top bag.
- 7Add the coated cereal and shake until each piece is coated.
- 8Pour back into a large bowl and discard excess confectioners' sugar.
- 9Toss in the mallowcreme pumpkins. Use 1 - 2 cups, whatever amount you prefer.
- 10Cover and store puppy chow for up to 2 weeks.
- 11*Instead of mallowcreme pumpkins, try adding 1 cup of Pumpkin Spice M&Ms or Candy Corn M&Ms, 1 cup of Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses, 1 cup of cinnamon chips, 1/2 cup of orange sprinkles, or even 1 cup of salty pumpkin seeds (which will cut the sweetness of the snack mix).