Nutty Chocolate Frozen Bananas
·4 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut half crosswise
·¾ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
·¼ cup chopped, lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
·options: instead of or in addition to - dip/roll in sweetened flaked coconut or colored sprinkles.
How to Make Nutty Chocolate Frozen Bananas
- Peel and cut bananas in half, crosswise.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Insert a Popsicle stick into the cut end of each banana half.
- To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted.
- Cover each piece of banana with melted chocolate using a rubber spatula and sprinkle with chopped nuts, flaked coconut or sprinkles. (Reheat chocolate, as needed, to keep it melted).
- Place the bananas on the baking sheet and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours.
Once frozen, store in air tight zip-lock bags for up to one week.