Nutty Chocolate Frozen Bananas
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut half crosswise
- ¾ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ cup chopped, lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- options: instead of or in addition to - dip/roll in sweetened flaked coconut or colored sprinkles.
How to Make Nutty Chocolate Frozen Bananas
- 1Peel and cut bananas in half, crosswise.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Insert a Popsicle stick into the cut end of each banana half.
- 3To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted.
- 4Cover each piece of banana with melted chocolate using a rubber spatula and sprinkle with chopped nuts, flaked coconut or sprinkles. (Reheat chocolate, as needed, to keep it melted).
- 5Place the bananas on the baking sheet and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours.
Once frozen, store in air tight zip-lock bags for up to one week.