Cupcake Puppy Chow
I’m putting you in danger of the world’s most addicting snack. If you like cupcakes, you’ll like this. If you like white chocolate, you’ll like this. If you like sprinkles… holy moly batman… you will LOVE this.
PS: this is NOT dog food. Puppy Chow aka Muddy Buddies.
- 5 c
- rice chex cereal (do not use crispex - i've found that it breaks easily)
- 1/2 stick
- 3 Tbsp
- heavy cream (no substitutions)
- 10 oz
- white chocolate candy melts or almond bark (not white chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp
- almond emulsion or extract (please see note below)
- 1 tsp
- butter emulsion or extract (please see note below)
- 2/3 dash(es)
- assorted sprinkles
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Cupcake Puppy Chow
- 1Pour the cereal in a large bowl, set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, cream, and white chocolate.
- 3Stir constantly until the white chocolate is fully melted.
- 4The mixture will be very thick and buttery.
- 5Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract and butter extract.
- 6Pour warm white chocolate mixture over cereal.
- 7Stir it all together gently, making sure not to break the cereal.
- 8Wait about 3-4 (no longer) minutes and gently fold in the sprinkles - you don't want the sprinkles to lose their color.
- 9In a large zipped top bag or covered container, add the powdered sugar.
- 10Pour the white chocolate covered cereal into the large bag or container.
- 11Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
- 12Discard excess powder and enjoy.
- 13Store at room temperature up to 2 weeks
You can always make the puppy chow without emulsions/extracts still maintaining a funfetti look and basic flavor.