Cupcake Puppy Chow
I’m putting you in danger of the world’s most addicting snack. If you like cupcakes, you’ll like this. If you like white chocolate, you’ll like this. If you like sprinkles… holy moly batman… you will LOVE this.
PS: this is NOT dog food. Puppy Chow aka Muddy Buddies.
5 crice chex cereal (do not use crispex - i've found that it breaks easily)
3 Tbspheavy cream (no substitutions)
10 ozwhite chocolate candy melts or almond bark (not white chocolate chips)
1 tspalmond emulsion or extract (please see note below)
1 tspbutter emulsion or extract (please see note below)
2/3 dash(es)assorted sprinkles
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Cupcake Puppy Chow
- Pour the cereal in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, cream, and white chocolate.
- Stir constantly until the white chocolate is fully melted.
- The mixture will be very thick and buttery.
- Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract and butter extract.
- Pour warm white chocolate mixture over cereal.
- Stir it all together gently, making sure not to break the cereal.
- Wait about 3-4 (no longer) minutes and gently fold in the sprinkles - you don't want the sprinkles to lose their color.
- In a large zipped top bag or covered container, add the powdered sugar.
- Pour the white chocolate covered cereal into the large bag or container.
- Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
- Discard excess powder and enjoy.
- Store at room temperature up to 2 weeks
You can always make the puppy chow without emulsions/extracts still maintaining a funfetti look and basic flavor.