Butterscotch Peanut Butter Puppy Chow
Such is the same with puppy chow. Or “Muddy Buddies” as most of you know it. Whatever you call this snack mix, I think we can all agree it’s dangerously addictive and wonderful at the same time.
- 6 1/2 c
- rice chex cereal
- 1 c
- salted peanuts (or more, go by preference)
- 1 1/2 c
- butterscotch morsels
- 1/2 c
- creamy peanut butter (not natural style pb)
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Butterscotch Peanut Butter Puppy Chow
- 1Pour the cereal and the peanuts into a very large bowl. Mix them together and set aside.
- 2In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt the butterscotch morsels and peanut butter. Stir constantly until smooth.
- 3Remove from heat and pour over the cereal mixture, stirring very gently to coat. You do not want to break up the cereal.
- 4Pour the powdered sugar into a large zipped-top bag or large Tupperware container.
- 5Add the cereal. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
- 6Discard excess powder and enjoy