Applebee's Spicy Queso Blanco
dipping chips in. I knew it couldn't be that hard to recreate this dish at home. Serve this this creamy white spicy queso at your next party and it's guaranteed to be a hit.
1 Tbsprefined coconut oil (or other neutral oil)
1 smallwhite onion, divided
1 mediumroasted poblano pepper, seeded, deveined, and minced
1/2 cheavy cream
8 ozmonterey jack cheese, cut into chunks
4 ozwhite cheddar cheese, cut into chunks
1 1/2 Tbspfresh chopped cilantro, divided
1 largeroma tomato, deseeded and diced
How to Make Applebee's Spicy Queso Blanco
- Cut onion in half and mince one half. Set aside.
- Warm oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 2/3 of minced poblano and grate 1/2 onion into pan.
- Stir to coat and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender.
- Add cream and bring to a bubble.
- Add cheese a little at a time, stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- To create a simple pico de gallo:
Combine chopped onion, tomato, 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, and remaining poblano in a bowl.
- Pour queso blanco into a medium size serving bowl (2 1/2 cup or larger). Top with pico de gallo. Serve with warm tortilla chips.