Applebee's Spicy Queso Blanco
dipping chips in. I knew it couldn't be that hard to recreate this dish at home. Serve this this creamy white spicy queso at your next party and it's guaranteed to be a hit.
- 1 Tbsp
- refined coconut oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 small
- white onion, divided
- 1 medium
- roasted poblano pepper, seeded, deveined, and minced
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 8 oz
- monterey jack cheese, cut into chunks
- 4 oz
- white cheddar cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 large
- roma tomato, deseeded and diced
How to Make Applebee's Spicy Queso Blanco
- 1Cut onion in half and mince one half. Set aside.
- 2Warm oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add 2/3 of minced poblano and grate 1/2 onion into pan.
- 4Stir to coat and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender.
- 5Add cream and bring to a bubble.
- 6Add cheese a little at a time, stir until cheese is melted.
- 7Stir in 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- 8To create a simple pico de gallo:
Combine chopped onion, tomato, 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, and remaining poblano in a bowl.
- 9Pour queso blanco into a medium size serving bowl (2 1/2 cup or larger). Top with pico de gallo. Serve with warm tortilla chips.