Sweet & Salty Party Mix
Jo Ann Duren
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 pkg
- (3.3.5 oz.) microwave popcorn 5 cups popped
- 3 c
- miniature pretzel twists
- 2 c
- peanuts, dry roasted salted
- 2 c
- oven-toasted rice cereal squares
- 1 c
- butter (2 sticks)
- 1 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 c
- corn syrup, light
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- large package m & m's peanut or plain
How to Make Sweet & Salty Party Mix
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Prepare popcorn according to package directions.
- 3In 6 quart mixing bowl, combine popcorn, pretzels, nuts, M & M's and cereal; set aside.
- 4Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in 2 quart saucepan, cook and stir with a Bamboo spoon over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; continue to cook without stirring 3 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat; carefully stir in baking soda.
- 6Pour Caramel Sauce over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- 7Spoon onto large pan with sides.
- 8Bake 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 9Remove from the oven.
- 10Transfer popcorn mixture to large pieces of parchment paper.
- 11Cool completely breaking mixture into clusters as it cools.
- 12Pour into large round bowl.
- 13Yield: 12 cups
- 14This recipe can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
- 15Pecans, walnuts or Macadamia nuts can be substituted for peanuts if desired.