Sweet & Salty Party Mix
Jo Ann Duren
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkg(3.3.5 oz.) microwave popcorn 5 cups popped
3 cminiature pretzel twists
2 cpeanuts, dry roasted salted
2 coven-toasted rice cereal squares
1 cbutter (2 sticks)
1 cpacked light brown sugar
1/3 ccorn syrup, light
1 tspbaking soda
·large package m & m's peanut or plain
How to Make Sweet & Salty Party Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions.
- In 6 quart mixing bowl, combine popcorn, pretzels, nuts, M & M's and cereal; set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in 2 quart saucepan, cook and stir with a Bamboo spoon over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; continue to cook without stirring 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; carefully stir in baking soda.
- Pour Caramel Sauce over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Spoon onto large pan with sides.
- Bake 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven.
- Transfer popcorn mixture to large pieces of parchment paper.
- Cool completely breaking mixture into clusters as it cools.
- Pour into large round bowl.
- Yield: 12 cups
- This recipe can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Pecans, walnuts or Macadamia nuts can be substituted for peanuts if desired.