1 colive oil
1/2 cunpopped popcorn kernels
12 sprig(s)rosemary sprigs (6 inch each),cut into 2 in pieces
1 1/2 tspsea salt,divided
1/2 cpine nuts,toasted
2 Tbspcoarsely chopped fresh rosemary
How to Make Rosemary Popcorn with Pine Nuts
- In a small saucepan, cook oil over low heat 3 minutes. Add popcorn kernels,rosemary, and 1 tsp sea salt. Remove mixture from heat; cover and let stand at room temp 48 hours.
- Drain kernels, reserving oil;discard rosemary.
- Place 3 tbsp flavored oil and popcorn kernels in a Dutch oven. Cook,covered,over high heat, shaking pan often for 4 minutes until popping begins to slow. Remove from heat; let stand 2 minutes or until popping stops.
- Combine popcorn,remaining salt,pine nuts and rosemary in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- Basil,Garlic and Parmesan Popcorn:
Substitute basil for rosemary and 1/2 cup grated garlic and herb Parmesan cheese for pine nuts.