How to Make Popcorn Balls
- 1Pop the popcorn and place in a buttered roasting pan.
- 2In a 6 quart kettle add the butter, brown sugar and karo syrup.
- 3Bring this to a boil and boil it for exactly 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4( Be Careful) Add the 1 tablespoon of baking soda and stir quickly. Caution it will really foam up.
- 5Pour this mixture over the poped corn and stir till well coated.
- 6For Popcorn Balls-Butter hands and shape into Balls. I put mine in individual sandwich size bags.
- 7For Carmel Corn- Place roaster pan in 150 degree oven and stir every 15 minutes for about 1 hour. Allow to cool then store in air tight container.
- 8For Popcorn Treats- Press into 9X13 buttered pan while still very warm and press into shape of pan. Allow to cool then cut into desired size pieces