- 5-6 qt
- air popped popcorn (about 1 cup unpopped)
- 2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/2 lb
- margarine (1 cup or 2 sticks)
- 1/2 c
- white corn syrup(karo)
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- salted peanuts (optional)
How to Make Nonnies Caramel Corn
- 1Fill large roasting pan with popped corn. (I use the top and bottom of a large roaster)
- 2In a large pan(I use a soup kettle) put the brown sugar,margarine,& corn syrup mix up and bring to a full boil,stirring constantly.
Boil 5 minutes(still stirring)
Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda(it will raise up)Blend well and pour evenly over pans of popped corn.
- 3Place in a preheated oven at 250 for 45 minutes.
STIR EVERY 15 MINUTES.
Spread on waxed paper an allow to cool.
At this point try not to eat to much!!
- 4Store in an airtight container.