Kelly's Caramel Popcorn
How to Make Kelly's Caramel Popcorn
- preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit
- pop popcorn and place in a large bowl. 5 quarts
(As a side note we air popped the popcorn)
- Gather a medium saucepan and place on medium heat on the stove. Place 1 cup butter into pan and melt.
- Stir in brown sugar (2 cups), corn syrup (1/2 cups), and salt (1 tsp).
BRING TO A BOIL, STIR CONSTANTLY!!!
- Once boiling let it continue to boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda (1/2 tsp) and vanilla extract (1tsp).
- Pour ingredients over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Place popcorn in two large shallow baking dishes and insert into oven.
- Stir pans every 15 min for 45 min.
- place popcorn on wax paper and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled break apart and keep in sealed container.