Connie's Caramel Corn
- 2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 c
- white karo syrup
- shakes salt
- 1 tsp
- 6 qt
- popped popcorn (don't measure kernels; measure popped corn)
- mixed nuts if desired. see last comment in directions.
How to Make Connie's Caramel Corn
- 1Bring sugar, butter, Karo, and salt to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 2Add soda and pour mixture over popped corn. The mixture will bubble up and become foamy when you add the soda. Just stir while it's foaming.
- 3Bake at 200 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
- 4The recipe that Connie gave me didn't call for nuts, but I usually add a handful or two of mixed nuts to the popped corn before pouring the sugar mixture over it. It's delicious without nuts, but with nuts it's even yummier!