How to Make Cinnabon Popcorn
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F.
- 2Place popped corn and chopped pecans in large bowl; set aside.
- 3Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in microwave safe bowl. Mix well. Chop butter into chunks and place on top of sugar mixture. Pour corn syrup over top of everything.
- 4Microwave on high 2 minutes; stir to combine. Return to microwave and heat 3-4 minutes. Remove, stir, and microwave 3-4 minutes more, until bubbly. (Times may vary due to differences in microwaves...adjust accordingly.)
- 5Remove from microwave; add vanilla and baking soda. Stir to combine. Mixture will foam and rise. Pour over popcorn and pecans and stir very well to coat everything.
- 6Spread popcorn mixture onto foil-lined jelly roll pan. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 7Spread on large piece of parchment, waxed paper, or foil. Melt chips according to package instructions. Drizzle over popcorn mixture*. When cool, break apart and enjoy!
*I actually prefer to melt the chips and pour this over the popcorn right after I pull the flavored popcorn from the oven. I then stir to distribute and coat each kernel before turning it onto the parchment, waxed paper, or foil to cool. To me, this seems to better distribute the "frosting" flavor throughout the popcorn treat.