- crisco vegetable shortening or cooking spray
- 1 c
- packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 c
- light corn syrup
- 1/4 c
- butter (real, salted or unsalted)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla, almond, or cinnamon extract
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 pkg
- microwave popcorn(remove unpopped kernels before coating with candy mixture)
- two handfuls nuts (of your choice, i use pecans)
- two handfuls pretzels
Coat a large jelly roll pan with crisco or cooking spray.
Pop the popcorn and remove the unpopped kernels.
Place the pocorn, nuts and pretzels in a large bowl.
Melt the above ingredients on high, bring to a boil. Then reduce to medium heat.
Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring 2-3 times with a wooden spoon to scrape down the sides of the pan keeping the mixture bubbling up. Be careful, the mixture will burn you if it boils over onto you.
Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes stirring the mixture every 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven, stir to break up any large clumps. Again be careful,Popcorn will be hot if you are using your hands. Cool for several minutes (we can't leave it alone long enough to cool).