★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 qt
- popcorn (air popped is best)
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- dark corn syrup
- 1 c
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Caramel Corn
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Spray a large metal bowl with Pam cooking spray.
- 2Pop popcorn and remove any partial and unpopped kernals.
- 3Melt butter in a two quart saucepan. Add corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Constantly stir over medium heat until syrup comes to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- 4Drizzle part of the syrup over the popcorn quickly. Stir with a long handled spoon (syrup is hot, please be careful). Finish pouring syrup over corn and stir.
- 5Spread coated corn out on an 11 x 17 cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 1 hour, pulling the pan out every 15 minutes to turn the caramel corn.
- 6When done, place caramel corn onto wax paper. When cooled down, break into pieces.
Seal in air tight container or ziplock bags to keep fresh.