BBQ POPCORN AND ALMONDS
This homemade recipe of BBQ Popcorn is ultimately the best popcorn ever!! It also has that added crunch from the roasted bbq coated almonds. Make a huge batch of this and it will not be enough. This is the snack that you just keep eating and don't know why because you are so full. With every handful you will tell yourself "this is the last mouthful".....but "not".
- 1 stick
- 2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 c
- bbq sauce
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 5 qt
- popped popcorn
How to Make BBQ POPCORN AND ALMONDS
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- 2Place popcorn and almonds in a very large bowl.
- 3In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, bbq sauce, corn syrup, ginger, jalepino and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.
- 5Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- 6Place in two large cookie sheets and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour
- 7Remove from oven and let cool completely on cool surface, before breaking into pieces.
- 8Note: I use very large commercial cookie sheets. Make sure to spread popcorn out very thin. This way popcorn evenly bakes for sugar to caramelize.
Note: Optional: Add 1/2 tsp of Lemon Grass for different twist in flavor also.
Note: Store immediately into zip loc bags to keep fresh