Baked Caramel Corn
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
I made this for my nephews birthday last year and everyone raved over it!
I use a hot air popcorn machine to pop the corn, but you can use natural microwave popcorn (no butter added)too.
- 6 qt
- popcorn, popped
- 2 stick
- unsalted butter
- 2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- light corn syrup
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Baked Caramel Corn
- 1Coat a roasting pan with non stick cooking spray. Fill with popcorn.
- 2In a medium sauce pan slowly melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil stirring constantly; boil without stirring for 5 minutes. (Be sure to have big enough sauce pan as the mixture will bubble and rise)
- 3Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- 4Carefully pour over popcorn and mix well. (not all the popcorn will be covered)
- 5Bake at 250 dregrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes (all popcorn will be covered by the time you are finished)
- 6Spread popcorn out on wax paper and gently break apart. Allow to cool completely and store in an air tight container.