★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 pkg
- hidden valley ranch dry dressing mix
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 2-15oz pkg
- pretzel nuggets
How to Make Zippy Pretzels
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Pour oil into 2-cup glass measuring cup. Add ranch mix, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- 3Whisk oil and spices thoroughly together.
- 4Shake pretzel bag vigorously to knock off much of packaged salt. Discard salt. Place pretzels on ungreased baking pan.
- 5Pour oil over pretzels. Use rubber scraper to get all oil out of cup. Gently stir pretzels until all are coated with oil mixture.
- 6Bake, uncovered for 90 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from baking pan and cool completely (about 30 minutes.) Store cold pretzels in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
- 8Cook note: 1 tsp of cayenne gives this a nice but not overwhelming zip. Adjust amount as needed to your taste.