★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 pkghidden valley ranch dry dressing mix
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspcayenne pepper
2-15oz pkgpretzel nuggets
How to Make Zippy Pretzels
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Pour oil into 2-cup glass measuring cup. Add ranch mix, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Whisk oil and spices thoroughly together.
- Shake pretzel bag vigorously to knock off much of packaged salt. Discard salt. Place pretzels on ungreased baking pan.
- Pour oil over pretzels. Use rubber scraper to get all oil out of cup. Gently stir pretzels until all are coated with oil mixture.
- Bake, uncovered for 90 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Remove from baking pan and cool completely (about 30 minutes.) Store cold pretzels in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
- Cook note: 1 tsp of cayenne gives this a nice but not overwhelming zip. Adjust amount as needed to your taste.