Yummy Chunkie Chile
- 2 lb
- ground beef or turkey (if you want to lower your fat)
- italian sausage (sweet or hot) cut into bite size
- 4-5 clove
- garlic, minced
- 4 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes (58 oz total)
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 12 oz
- tomatoe paste
- 2 large
- red or green peppers, diced
- 1 large
- red or vidalia onion, diced
- 40 oz
- kidney beans (drained)
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- chili powder
- lemons, (juice only)
- 2 Tbsp
- red pepper (cayenne)
- habanero pepper, (optional, if you like it real hot)
How to Make Yummy Chunkie Chile
- 1Brown ground meat in skillet, then drain fat. Add to your chiile pot.
- 2Brown saugage links (you can cut it up first or after you brown it, I cut it up after. Add to your chile pot
- 3In large pot you'll be using to cook the chile; add stewed and diced tomatoes, tomatoe paste, and kindney beans and start cooking on medium heat.
- 4Saute the diced onion, peppers, and garlic in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, until tender, then add to pot when done. If your using the habanero pepper makke sure it's cut up into fine pieces.
- 5Add vinegar, lemon juice,chile powder, and red cayenne pepper. Mix real good.
- 6Turn up heat and allow to come to a boil.Then lower heat and simmer 45 minutes to one hour. Stir about every 10 minutes so it doesn't stick to bottom and burn.