Whole Wheat & Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
1 1/2 cstone-ground whole wheat flour
1 call purpose flour
1/2 cpowdered milk
1/2 cquick cooking oats (not instant) plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 csmooth peanut butter
2 Tbsptoasted wheat germ
1large or extra large egg
1egg, beaten for egg wash
How to Make Whole Wheat & Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the two flours, powdered milk, oatmeal, peanut butter and wheat germ. With the mixer on low speed, add the large egg and the water. Mix just until it forms a sticky ball.
- Dump the dough out on a lightly - floured board (I used the all purpose flour) and knead it into a ball. Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick. Dip a cookie cutter in flour and cut out dog bone shapes. Collect the scraps, knead lightly and roll out again and cut more biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared sheet pan and brush with the egg wash. Sprinkle with oatmeal and bake 35 - 40 minutes. Watch to make sure the bottoms don't burn. They should be hard. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- My picky Yorkie loves these! I have to soak them in water a little so she can chew them easier. My boxer granddoggie has no problem eating them. :)