- 2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 c
- 17 oz
- crispix cereal
- 1 lb
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 c
- light karo syrup
How to Make Sweet Crispix Snack Mix
- 1In a large bowl, empty the cereal and the peanuts.
- 2In a saucepan on the stove melt the butter, sugar, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add the baking soda, stir, ingredients will foam and become frothy.
- 3Pour mixture over the cereal and peanuts. Mix quickly but carefully. You don't want to smash all of the cereal.
- 4Spread onto a cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 200 degrees for one hour, turning mix over every 15 minutes.
Note: The original recipe calls for baking 1 hour, I cut it down to 30 minutes the second time because we like it to still have the sweet chewy texture.
- 6When mix has cooled, add the M&M's.
- 7Note: Very versatile recipe! You can use dark or milk chocolate M&M's, or even try the Pretzel M&M's. I've also tossed a cup or so of pretzels into this as well.