★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cbrown sugar
17 ozcrispix cereal
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 clight karo syrup
How to Make Sweet Crispix Snack Mix
- In a large bowl, empty the cereal and the peanuts.
- In a saucepan on the stove melt the butter, sugar, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add the baking soda, stir, ingredients will foam and become frothy.
- Pour mixture over the cereal and peanuts. Mix quickly but carefully. You don't want to smash all of the cereal.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 200 degrees for one hour, turning mix over every 15 minutes.
Note: The original recipe calls for baking 1 hour, I cut it down to 30 minutes the second time because we like it to still have the sweet chewy texture.
- When mix has cooled, add the M&M's.
- Note: Very versatile recipe! You can use dark or milk chocolate M&M's, or even try the Pretzel M&M's. I've also tossed a cup or so of pretzels into this as well.