STUFFED CUBANELLA SWEET PEPPERS
Jo Ann Murphy
★★★★★ 1 vote5
12-18cubanella peppers (banana peppers)
2 cseasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cchopped black olives
1/2 cchopped green stuffed olives
2-3plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 casiago cheese, shredded or cut in small dice
1/2 cgrated romano cheese
1/4 colive oil
·additional olive oil for frying peppers
How to Make STUFFED CUBANELLA SWEET PEPPERS
- Cut tops off peppers and clean out seeds and ribs.
- Mix all ingredients except eggs and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs with the 1/4 cup olive oil. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir. Stuff mixture into peppers.
- Fry peppers slowly in a large skillet in the additional olive oil over low heat turning frequently to brown all sides and cook the stuffing.
Can be served hot or at room temperature. Enjoy !!
- NOTE: You can also cut them in sections and serve on toothpicks or slice in 1/4-1/2 inch rings and serve on buttery crackers for a party.