Southern BBQ Buffalo Jerky
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pound very lean round or flank steak
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (more pepper for hotter jerky)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Make Southern BBQ Buffalo Jerky
- 1Put steak in freezer for about half an hour, just until firm. Slice steak across grain, about 1/4 inch thick.
Combine everything in large bowl. Marinate meat 1 hour with sauce in refrigerator, then drain in colander. Place meat on cookie sheets to dry.
For fastest drying do not overlap meat and turn at least once during drying. Dry in 145C-degree oven for 8 to 10 hours on cookie sheets. It is ready when it bends like a green willow without breaking.
Refrigerate for long-term storage