Smoky Deviled Eggs
Embarrassing note: I love to cook and bake but boiling eggs is my nemesis. I can never cook them so they peel right! Even after spending an entire Saturday scientifically documenting several methods to find one that consistently works; I am still a failure. Conversely, my husband doesn't cook or bake but can make eggs that will peel. Therefore, we have a mutual agreement. If he cooks the eggs, I will devil them!
6 largeeggs, hard boiled
1 Tbspprepared country or dijon mustard
1 tspdill, dried
1/2 tspsugar or sugar substitute
1 tspwhite wine vinegar
1/8 tspblack pepper (or to taste)
1/8 tspsalt (or to taste)
How to Make Smoky Deviled Eggs
- Have your spouse or someone else cook 6 hard-boiled eggs. :)
- Peel and halve 6 eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, mustard, dill weed, sugar, pepper, and vinegar.
- Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture. Garnish with a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
- Store covered in refrigerator (if they last that long).